Saturday, August 9, 2014

just writing. day 6 of writing challenge.

I have some catching up to do. I'm two days behind on my writing challenge. I feel like I'm always doing SOMETHING but I know that there are people out there that do much, much more in a day than I do. (Beyonce, Barack Obama just to name two...when I want to whine, I think of people like this. am I REALLY doing SO much?) Although, to be honest, I really don't feel like whining anymore. Only that I'm tired sometimes. But never about what I have going on.

And I've learned to take rest in the past 6 months. I've started sleeping again on a more regular basis and sometimes...there is even a nap. Oh, sweet heavens. Plus, I'm starting to just be in a flow with the things that I create for myself to do. Yes, there's always something...but it's usually something that I want to have in my life, or if I didn't get it done, I'd feel like I would be cheating myself or others.

For instance, the handstand posts. After Vipassana meditation week, I had felt 'do I really need to be doing these handstands, what purpose do they serve'? But I know that people really appreciate them and some people really do look for them thereby... they are serving a purpose. So, I'm getting my practice, one. I'm giving people inspiration or whatever it is that they get from the posts, I'm sure it's different for different people, two. And three, I said I would do it. It's a 365 day challenge, not 170 days. So, I'm doing it. Even if I'm on full tilt all day and get home at 10 or 11, I can do one handstand regardless and think of something to say or find a quote. 5 minutes.

I know that all of this is leading me somewhere but I've also just learned to be in this moment and appreciate what it is here and now.  Next stone to step on, next stone to step on from here...etc. Appreciating this stone, this moment.

I'm starting to also truly believe in timelessness. I remember hearing my teacher say in class one day, you always have enough time. I happened to be running late that day and I was thinking...really? Do I always have enough time? Not today!

Question: Are there 24 hours in a day? Who says!? I mean, really...who says you have to base your time off of what is standard?

You don't. We just do what is normal because if we don't people call us weird. Until you say...damn it, I'm weird. And if you think about it, you're weird. We're all weird in our own beautiful way. Get weird. It's cool.


Day 6, #writeeverydamnday #justwrite #writeyourselfalive

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...