Monday, June 24, 2013

The Best Savasana Songs on the Planet.


As a yoga studio owner and a yoga instructor, I am always looking for that perfect song to send my clients home with after an awesome practice. But sometimes, after I put a song on, I will find myself thinking, is this really the perfect song? Is it too sad, too upbeat, too this, too that? 

Obviously, it's very important to me (and if you're a yoga teacher too, I know you feel the same!) So, with this post, it is my goal to research and find my most perfect Savasana songs (on the planet).

I will add to this post as I find more songs that I feel to be absolutely perfect for delicious Savasana moments!




  1. Blackbird by The Beatles or Sarah McLachlan
  2. Dream Baby Dream by Bruce Springsteen
  3. Enter One by Sol Seppy
  4. Gift of Light by Nadama and Shastro
  5. God is Real/Hare Ram by Krishna Das
  6. Gopala Lullaby by Ben Leinback and Jai Uttal
  7. Imagine by Jack Johnson
  8. Inseparable Universe by Mars Lasar
  9. Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
  10. Love Will Take You by Angus and Julia Stone
  11. Lullaby by Trevor Hall
  12. Let it Be by Carol Woods and Timothy T. Mitchum
  13. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or Martina McBride
  14. Devi Prayer by Craig Pruess and Ananda 
  15. Light by Sleeping at Last
  16. In the Embers by Sleeping at Last
  17. Orange Sky by Alexei Murdoch

Of course, if there are any you'd like to share, please leave a comment with it listed! 


4 comments:

LahdeeDah said...

Thank you for your AWESOME list of Savasana music. There is so much stuff out there that doesn't quite fit, your list has some real gems.
Here is the best one I've ever had the privilege to enjoy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiB9t2DMpug

Craig Pruess and Ananda - Devi Prayer

Be prepared to get soft and connected :D

LahdeeDah said...

Craig Pruess & Ananda - Devi Prayerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiB9t2DMpug

Erin Grove Kouvas said...

Thank you, LahdeeDah! It is a beautiful song and I love it. <3

Adding. xo

Stacey said...

The Trapeze Swinger by Iron and Wine is a lovely savasana song. One of my all time faves.

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...