Sunday, February 26, 2012

Yoga Brain

So, my yoga business was listed in both of the local papers today in the business sections, I gave my first workshop today (it felt great!) and am currently filling out invites to my grand opening party on March 15th. What a crazy, whirlwind year it has been~falling in love with yoga and having it become such a huge part of my everyday life.  I feel so blessed and thank God every day for giving me this gift and allowing me to successfully share it with others. 


Sometime soon, though, I would like to take a vacation in order to shut down from all of the activity, physically and mentally. (Even though I'm sure that I would still practice on vacation! Envisioning beach yoga...which I have yet to experience! Anyone care to share their most amazing yoga experience, whether on a beach or otherwise?)


I love love loooove my new yoga studio, my new yoga students and am so excited to fall into this path and find that it is my own. However, just as I talk about in class sometimes (and as we've all heard from people much wiser than myself) balance is necessary. I've heard tell of yoga teacher burnout and do not want that to happen to me! Within the next month or two, I hope to gain a little balance in the form of a vacation on a hot, still beach with some beautiful ocean waves to sing me to sleep. ahhhhhh. I just had a mini vacation in my mind. :)


In the meantime, the yo-journey continues... Yin workshop on Wednesday night. If you're local, I hope to see you there!! Yin is a chance to slow it down, create more flexibility and reconnect with ourselves. I'm looking forward to it!! 


And now, back to addressing those invites...


xoxo


Erin

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...