Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pssst.

Can you hear me?

I'm talking to you.

I want you to stop being negative. That habit that you have of always waiting for the worst to happen? Just stop. It doesn't suit you and it surely doesn't allow you to live up to your true potential.

I want you to know that you are loved. Not just by me but by something that is so large you can't even fathom it. Don't ask what. Get out of your head. Just accept.

Accept that you deserve more. That you deserve love, most of all from yourself. Don't diminish your life and act like nothing matters. It matters because you do. Because we all do. 

You are a child of God. You are a miracle. You have moved me tonight to write this, just as you move people every day that you probably aren't even aware of.

Wake up. Feel that there are millions of cells moving within you and that there are millions of us moving around on this Earth. Touch someone. Cry, laugh and dance in that beautiful body of yours. That body that allows you to not only exist but create, connect and be whatever and wherever you choose. 

Take the reins, my friend. They're yours.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Erin. I needed to hear this today! :)

Erin Grove Kouvas said...

Aw, I'm glad. And thank you for the comment! xo

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...