Thursday, June 27, 2013

Slow Truth.


You will hear thunder and remember me, 
and think: she wanted storms... ~ Anna Akhmatova

This quote made me think of something I woke up and wrote the other day...

As I heard the wind rustling over the long grasses outside, I shivered further down beneath the covers. It was a cold and forward wind.There's a slow truth coming, I thought to myself, and it's not going to be an easy one.


I write fiction and poetry and am listening more and more to my creative voice, which I had silenced for years. Whatever becomes of it, I cannot know..but it feels good to let the steam out of the kettle. 

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...