Sunday, August 26, 2012

Laughter

So, it is Sunday and it is a gorgeous day in Jamaica. It has been very windy because of the tropical storms and for the past two nights I've been unsure when I woke up in the middle of the night if I wasn't in a hurricane, the noise of the wind was so loud. 

We are supposed to leave tomorrow but as we fly into Orlando airport, our flights may be canceled. I haven't been able to look yet. Internet has been such a luxury to me for the past three weeks...it's hardly ever accessible and when it is, not for very long periods of time. Here in Jamaica, there is only internet in the business center if you buy time and who wants to sit in the business center in Jamaica??

One of the biggest things that I will have taken from my trip, both to Bali and to Jamaica, is laughter. It comes so readily to both cultures and is so refreshing and just lovely to be around. I find myself being happy just smiling at strangers who are laughing together. When I think back on this month traveling to these two countries, I will hear the sound of laughter and remember the beautiful smiles.


No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...