Sunday, August 2, 2020

Teeth, A Poem.

clock ticks the beat.

let. go. let. go. 

me, and this truth. 

baby bird in the canines of a cat.


you see the legs twitch,

but… hope is gone. 

alone at the dining room table,

I crouch and gnaw the bones.


why bury what you 

already left in the sun to rot?

mouth full of dirt, 

my love for you swallowed.


you forget your body rests here…

a welcome fire burns 

within every room of my soul 

and only wants to shed


it's light on you.

on the man that I honored,

that I knelt down for 

like I never have.


may as well have 

donned the black 

with a splash of white, 

I worshipped so. 


and now she swings before you, 

a fresh bird flying free.

as you crave to be.

your canines shine in her reflection.


I do not swing free.

damaged wings carefully folded,

I sit at this table

and long for teeth.

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...