Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Rest In Peace

I sit and spit 
out the dirt that I swallowed 
when you buried me.
for her. and her. and her. 

so much fucking dirt.
I dust it from my limbs,
I shake it from my hair. 
stock still, staring at this gaping hole.

A hole that my fingers
clawed the edges of to be 
reborn. A hole that I intend to 
bury you in, darling one.

first those stiff legs
that wanted me to stretch,
that needed me to lay 
my hands upon them, as if 

it would save my life 
for you to feel better.
I always wanted you.
wanted you to feel better.

Next your chest, because 
it really didn't do much 
for me anyway.
that place your heart lives

with it's central air, 
so tight and guarded and 
clean. polished, no evidence
allowed to reside.
 
next your beautiful face
because I can no longer 
stand to have those broken brown 
mirrors looking at me, smiling

that sad knowing smile.
looks that say
I can love you from afar
with my bow. and my arrow. 

naturally your love takes cover.
you couldn't love me
like hand to hand combat.
too dirty. too bloody.

lastly, I cover up that pelvis.
the region in which lives
your most well known
attribute. yes, and it is beautiful.

that primary object 
I was in relation with.
me and every other woman, girl, 
and in between you held space for.

I did love that part of you.
mmm, I love it still.
maybe, before this grave is done, 
just...one last hit?

and then, you will finally be
the man you wanted to be 
for me. just another 
faceless fuck. please. don’t take it 

personal. I know you won't.
I wish I didn't. 
goodbye my lover.
I'd like to believe I won't come visit.


No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...