Thursday, October 16, 2014

hero's journey.

Saw the movie The Judge tonight. 

So. Sad. 

But a beautiful movie that captures the complexity of family and regardless of that complexity, the love within. 

The best line goes to the ex-girlfriend when he goes home to visit for a rather sad occasion. 

The two of them are sitting in a diner and she says something like, I decided from then on that I was going to be the hero in my story. Does that sound cheesy? 

And he replies, no, it sounds epic. 

I want to be the hero in my own story. I want others around me that are the heroes of their own stories. I want to help lift people up to be the heroes that they are. 



No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...