Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lighthouses.



~ Anne Lamott


I loved this quote so much, I had to post it twice. It made me think when I was general manager of the hotel. I worked so hard back then. I read management books, hotel books, plunged toilets, made beds, came when the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, was there more at night when the emergencies would happen than in the day when it was quiet, the list goes on and on. 

When I saw this quote, I thought...aha! I was like a fire truck instead of a lighthouse. I did a good job. I know what I did to keep everything together but I now know how to be more like a lighthouse than a firetruck. Oh, the lessons of aging. When we're doing what we're meant to be doing, it may still be a lot of work...but it flows so much more naturally. It really is a beautiful thing.

May you let your light shine!

xo~ Erin

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...