Saturday, January 24, 2015

911

Asking for help is a God send. It is amazing how much effort we put in "holding it together," meaning not letting another person know the depth of what we're going through. When it is usually the case that another person would love to listen, help, or completely put your mind and soul at ease.

It's even "worse," mostly for ourselves, if we start to get defensive and close off or become aggressive because we feel that others are to blame or are attacking us when in fact they are not at all.   It starts and ends with us and our own decisions.


I was the first person in this equation today and I witnessed someone else being the second...and all you want to do is help the person. You know that they need to help themselves when they've got themselves all walled in. But still, you try.

No comments:

Lover's Mask.

I wear the mask  of my lover's lover.  He gave it to me, offhandedly, without thought. I came to need it. Wearing it only,  at first,  w...